Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Graduate School: Question of the Week

I’m interested in graduate school, but my work schedule isn’t a typical 40-hour week. I work some days, evenings and nights. Are there part-time graduate schools that will fit in my schedule?


You’re definitely in a tricky situation because your work schedule doesn’t allow for a traditional day or evening program. Most graduate schools try to be as accommodating as possible, but have to draw the line somewhere if they want you to benefit from the classroom experience. I am a huge believer in the face-to-face interactions that you will receive in the classroom, but certainly understand if it isn’t compatible with your schedule. You might want to explore online options for graduate school and a few schools even support a “hybrid” structure that is largely online work with minimal classroom time. Please keep in mind, you’ll gain flexibility, but lose the classroom experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment