Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Make a Name for Yourself

Last Friday, I attended the annual Young Professionals of Iowa Conference in Des Moines.  Grand View was one of the sponsors and since I'm considered a "young professional," I was excited to attend the sessions and promote our graduate program. I visited with some great people from all over our great state and had the pleasure of listening to the featured keynote speaker, Scott Ginsberg.  He is best known for wearing a nametag 24/7, I believe, for almost nine years....get this, he even has a nametag tattoo on his chest.  He is high energy...just think of the kid in elementary school who couldn't sit still in class and then at recess would run around in circles the entire time.  Scott has been featured on 20/20, CNN, and the Today Show, just to name a few and has written eight books, but the best part is that he doesn't take himself too seriously.  I encourage you to check out his information - Hello, My Name Is Scott.  He had a ton of great information during his presentation and the one quote that I keep thinking about is this..."Make a name for yourself, or someone else will make one for you."

1 comment: