Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Being the New Guy

For anyone who is currently transitioning into a new job, you can probably relate to this post.  I started at GVU in mid-August and it has been a whirlwind ever since then.  Thankfully, everyone here has been welcoming and extremely supportive as I find my way.  From learning how to use the phones to faxing a document, the first week you feel absolutely helpless.  Tasks that wouldn't have taken any thought at your previous job, end up consuming an hour of your time. You spend much of your time meeting new co-workers and trying to remember their names.  You're in meeting after meeting trying to catch up on three years' worth of information while trying to juggle other projects that were waiting for you months before you started. Just as you start to get your sea legs, you decide to start a blog. ;) 

I love my new job and think the GVU graduate program has a lot to offer central Iowa.  Now it's my goal to make sure central Iowa knows it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment